Sunday 3 January 2010

Where Have All The Games Gone?

For nearly a year now my Nintendo Wii has been gathering dust and today for no reason what-so-ever I decided to dust it down and power it up!  On looking for a game to play I remembered that as I hadn't used it for a while I sold most of my games so I had nothing to play so off down the town I went...

I went in to HMV, GameStation and Game and was dismayed and confused - where have all the games gone?  There wasn't a single game that took my fancy.  I'd already had a quick look on the Internet so was expecting to find the latest Need For Speed game for sale but in those three stores I couldn't see a single NFS game, let alone the latest one.  :(

As an absolute last resort I nipped up to Tesco Extra and was pleasantly surprised to see a much better game selection (namely a full chart plus a section of random titles) than that of the so called 'proper' games stores.

Not only did I find Need For Speed: Nitro (which claims to have been written from scratch just for the Wii) but I also saw Wii Sports Resort sitting on the shelf with the new sensor attachment thingy so I popped them both in to my shopping basket.

Is the Nintendo Wii reaching the end of its life-cycle?   If stores like HMV and Game aren't stocking many new games and leaving it down to the supermarkets such as Tesco to fill the gap is the reign of the Nintendo Wii coming to an end?  I suppose only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment