Sunday 10 January 2010

Greased Lightning Showroom Shine - Waterless Wash & Wax

I had a look out of the window this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see the snow had melted off of my car, time to try out the Greased Lightning Showroom Shine Wash & Wax that I received in the post earlier on in the week!

The first thing I did was to nip out to Tesco Extra to get a couple of micro-fibre cloths, one to put the stuff on with and the other to buff it with.

I wanted to see how long it would take me to wash my car so using my mobile phone I took a couple of photos of my mucky car which would have a time stamp on it so as long as I took a photo at the end I would see exactly how long it too me to clean my car.

I put on a pair of rubber gloves, shook the bottle and the proceeded to liberally spray it on the roof of my car.  Using a blue micro-fibre cloth I rubbed the liquid on the roof and the dirt started appear on my cloth and not on my car - I then used my yellow micro-fibre cloth to buff the area I had been working on.  Why two different coloured cloths?  For no other reason to make sure I remember which one is which - one for putting it on and the other for buffing it!

I then continued the process for the rest of my car and found it to be so much easier than lugging a bucket of soapy water around with me!  Spray, use a cloth to remove the dirt and then buff with another cloth to make it shine - that's as complicated as it gets!

My Father came out to see what I was doing and remarked that I was brave to be washing my car in such freezing cold weather (snow on the ground and the temperature was at 1.5 degrees) as he assumed that the bucket of water would start to freeze and my hands would be frozen.  He wandered around my car looking puzzled, he could see half my car was glistening and the other half was dirty and there was no bucket to be found!

The whole process was very easy and to be honest, whilst I was washing my car I thought to myself that even if it takes the same amount of time to wash my car than my old method, it was still well worth buying as it was so much easier to do!

After finishing by cleaning my alloy wheels, I immediately removed my rubber gloves, got my mobile phone out and took some photos of my car so I would now have a 'before and after' set of images with that all important time stamp on them.

I started 'washing' my car at 10:38 and finished at 11:50 so it had taken me 1 hour and 12 minutes to clean my car.  Normally I would start by rinsing my car with a hose pipe to remove any loose dirt, then I fill a bucket with water with some car wash shampoo and then wash my car with a sponge, (I normally use two buckets of water with car shampoo in it).  I then get the hose pipe and rinse of the suds and then chamois the car until it shines.  I'm never in any hurry when I'm washing my car and it normally takes me about an hour and 45 minutes to do all that.

So overall, by using Showroom Shine I have saved myself about 1/2 an hour which is pretty good going if you ask me!  I'll time myself the next time and see if I'm any quicker!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND NOW FOR THE PHOTOS!

The ones on the left are BEFORE and the ones on the right are AFTER.

(Click On The Photos For A Slightly Bigger Image)







And not a scratch to be seen!  All in all I am very impressed and very pleased with my purchase as the results are brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment