Sunday 5 December 2010

Apple iPhone 4 on Vodafone

ip4v
I am now the proud new owner of Apple's iPhone 4 and I have to say it's the best gadget I have ever brought!  Not sure how it rates as a phone as make/recieving phone calls is a bit redundant for a lot of people these days as text messages and social networking on Twitter and Facebook are becoming more commonplace.
A lot of people who get an iPhone or iPad moan about having to use iTunes to copy files to their device but once you get used to it, it's actually a very good idea as it's actually quite a simple program to use and takes the pain out of having to manually delete things from your device to make room for other things you want to put on it - a simple tick in a box means it gets copied across and an un-ticking of a box means it gets removed.

One of the best features of the iPhone (and iPad I suppose) is the App Store where you can get games, utilities and all sorts of other programs to either keep you occupied or help you through the day.  There are thousands of free Apps so it's not necessarily going to cost you an arm and a leg to get any Apps on your device but it wont be long before you're tempted to purchase the odd one or two at 59p each - just remember they soon add up to quite a lot so be careful you don't get trigger happy and buy too many!

After wandering around my local High Street and shopping centre comparing prices, I found all but one to be pretty much the same prices.  The one that differed in price was Phones4U where they were £70 cheaper on the handset on an 18month contract on the Vodafone network than the Vodafone shop itself!

I dont get a particularly brilliant Vodafone signal where I live (I knew this before I purchased the phone) I get a good phone signal but only get an Edge connection for internet browsing etc. but as I have WiFi I wasn't concerned about that.  I went with Vodafone for the simple reason that the handset price on the package I was after was significantly cheaper than all the other networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment