Friday 4 December 2009

Carbon Copy Cloner

If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make a bootable clone of your Apple Mac hard drive then Carbon Copy Cloner will be right up your street!

You can download a free, yes FREE working copy of their software from their website at www.bombich.com there is a Donate button on their website should you find the software useful you can use PayPal to make a donation to say thank you for the software.

After downloading the software and copying it to your Applications folder all you need to do is run the application, click on the hard disk/partition you want to clone and then click on the hard disk you want the clone on.  That’s as complicated as it gets!

I now have a bootable clone of my MacBook’s hard drive so if the worst happens and my hard disk drive fails I can boot the clone I have made and copy it to a replacement drive in my MacBook.

I still use Time Machine to do the normal file backups so I have a ‘belt and braces’ backup method should anything happen to my MacBooks hard disk drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment