Monday 7 December 2009

AirPort Extreme Base Station

The AirPort Extreme Base Station is basically a wireless access point that you can connect to your existing broadband internet connection.

You can use it to share your internet connection with other computers (both Mac’s and PC’s).  It has a single USB port on the back so you can connect either a compatible USB printer or external hard disk drive which can then be shared across your network.  If you want to connect more than one USB device to the Base Station then simply plug in a USB hub and connect up your devices.

I have two external USB hard disk drives that I have plugged in to a USB hub which is in turn connected to the USB port on my Base Station.  One of the hard drives I use to store my downloads on and the other I let OS X Snow Leopard use backup my MacBook with using Time Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment