Monday 13 February 2012

Karl Pilkington - An Idiot Abroad Review

Oh My God!  This is absolutely ridiculously funny!  I'm not quite sure if Karl Pilkington is a fantastic actor or if this really is what he's like travelling around the world visiting some of the many different wonders of the world.

He seems to be a bit of a stick in the mud, set in his ways and I get the impression that his preferred holiday would be two weeks at Bogna and if he did have to go abroad he'd go to Spain and eat steak and chips each day!

I don't know where he felt more uncomfortable, going for a walk along the gay beach or relaxing on what turned out to be a nudist beach.

When he was asked about his visit to Brazil where he went to see the magnificent Christ The Redeemer he simply said "I enjoyed the helicopter and the Jesus thing was alright as well".  Trust me, you need to watch this show!  It's like talking to a 5 year old and asking them what they did at school, they've done absolutely loads but when you ask them all they say is that they did some painting.

When he was asked "have you ever been to the jungle before?" he simply replied "No, why would I have?"

One highlight for me was when he was in the Amazon Jungle he was offered a delicacy from the tribe he was staying with, in the form of a baby crocodiles head and he tried to wiggle out of eating it by trying to say he's not a meat eater but his translator wouldn't translate that for him!

Ricky Gervais sums this series up as "the funniest, most expensive practical joke" that he has ever done!

I'm really not doing this show the justice it deserves, just watch it and you'll see what I mean!