Thursday 9 February 2012

LoveFilm - Wrong Disc Sent Out

When I got home today I pleased to see a package from LoveFilm containing two DVDs.  Unfortunately one of the DVDs was not what I was expecting or had on my rental list.

I went straight on-line and did a quick search on Google.  The first link I clicked on took me to an FAQ page on LoveFilm's website.  It basically told me to sign in and click a link to report a disc had been sent out in error.  So that's what I did.

There was a message on screen telling me that whatever I do, I must not send the wrong disc back without authorisation from Customer Services so I was a bit disappointed as I assumed that I would have to wait for an email and have to jump through hoops to get it sorted out.

How wrong I was!



After clicking on the link to report the problem, I was asked what disk I received and what I should have received.  I then got a message apologising for the problem and that another disc would be despatched ASAP and I should send the wrong disc back when I can.

I was expecting to have to send the disc back and then wait for them to confirm the error before receiving my next disc, this was not the case so I was very, very pleased with the resolution to my problem.

Every company makes mistakes, human or computer error can happen anywhere - what makes a company good or bad is how it deals with problems and I have to say LoveFilm deal with this kind of problem very well and I am very pleased with their customer service.